Friday 27 March 2009

Music Criticism: A New Model

If you don't read Popjustice already, you should. Every day. Even if you don't care about Girls Aloud, Peter Robinson's writing is essential. Take his latest critique of the Chris Cornell/Timbaland album:


Amazing.

In honour of this brilliant new method of reviewing music, which seems so obviously great now that it's been done that you have to wonder - "why has it taken until 2009 for a music critic to do this?" - I have attempted a similar review myself.

This is my first subject. It is a cover of "(I Wanna Be) 500 Miles" by The Proclaimers, performed by Christian skate-punk band MxPx.

Enjoy:




And this is my first draft review:

Can't argue with that.

1 comment:

Finbarr Bermingham said...

Very insightful Ally... your manipulation of statistics is breathtaking!