Tuesday 30 October 2007

Broon's Tunes (and other stories)

Since I started work in August, researching bands for a secret future project, I've become a real music geek. I've been a music obsessive for 7 years or so, but I've never quite approached this level of geekery before. Spending 8 hours a day researching bands on Wiki and AMG makes a big difference: and when I get home, I inevitably read more about music, the music that I want to read about. It's all I can talk about these days. I've become a right boring bastard.

So I thought I'd start a blog...


It's taken me a long time since I started writing to start a blog, for many reasons. Blogs have a tendency to be narcissistic, poorly written, and often superfluous for any writer who is published elsewhere. Bloggers say "I" and "me" a lot, which is fine if you're an interesting person, and not fine if you're not. I know I'm an interesting person. Now I just have to convince you.

But I'm still learning this game. In the meantime, while I'm slowly shifting up gears towards top speed, I recommend checking out some of the blogs listed down the left. Those are some very talented writers: my blog is already benefiting by basking in their reflected glory. In time there'll be music reviews here, and interviews, and comments and opinions and lists and similar. And despite what anyone who has chatted to me recently might think, I am interested in other things too: perhaps there'll be space here for 'other stories' relating to current affairs & politics, football, philosophy, (medical) ethics, and more. Perhaps. At the very least I hope that Broon's Tunes can prove - to myself as much as anyone - that I'm not a boring bastard, really. Let me know if it's working.

3 comments:

Passion of the Weiss said...

Can't wait to read more, Ally. Good luck with the world of blogging. It's not so bad, except when it is.

Billy Hamilton said...

welcome to the blogosphere brownie! it's a dank, wretched beast of a place but treat it right and, well, you might just learn to love it. b

Anonymous said...

ally, you went from blog sceptic to blogger in record time. nice work.

i had no idea stylus was stopping, that's mad.